Spent most of the week up in the DC metro area for work. I also got to attend Nate's Change of Command ceremony. When I returned on Saturday I continued to finish the radiator installation. I ended up buying new upper and lower radiator hoses. The pictures in the manual aren't very good at describing what needs to be done. Once you start test fitting the stuff you can see where you need to cut the hose. You only cut the upper hose. The lower hose that comes with the donor is extended using the extra hose that comes with the kit.
TOTAL TIME THIS WEEKEND: 3 Hours
February 8-10, 2002:
Time to figure out how to hook up the mess of wires that I have. Spent most of Saturday morning getting my Honda serviced at the dealership. I spent the afternoon figuring out where all of the wiring hooked into. I'm a little concerned with some of the wiring becuase the colors don't match at some of the connectors. I really need to get a hold of a good wiring diagram to figure out what I have and need. I also cleaned up the air hoses from the air compressor and enlarged the holes on the catalytic convertor to make it fit onto the aftermarket headers.
TOTAL TIME THIS WEEKEND: 4 hours
February 15-18, 2002:
President's Day weekend. Due to the three day weekend we also got Friday off as a training holiday. I went into work anyway to take care of some stuff since I had to go to DC again for a meeting on Thursday. When I left work I spent a good hour with one of the Mustang focused garages in the area to look at how the wiring was hooked up. I currently do not have a Helms wiring diagram although I ordered one last week. I learned a lot by studying where the lines and wires went.
The rest of the weekend was spent hooking up the remainder of the vacuum hoses to support the emissions package. I even installed the catalytic convertor stuff from FFR. I'm still concerned about starting the vehicle. I'm getting a lot closer to "first fire" but not quite there yet.
One of the lessons learned is to pay attention to what needs to be drilled before dropping in the engine. I realized that I hadn't mounted the steering shaft cover yet and that there was no good way to drill the holes for the cover. I ended up taking out the pedal box so that I could drill the holes. No big deal. I was worried that I would have to take off the upper intake manifold to be able and drill.
TOTAL TIME THIS WEEKEND: 8 hours
February 22-24, 2002:
Installed the starter ignition coil to the frame this weekend. Spent some "quality time" at work on Saturday and Sunday so I didn't get much done on the car.